Tuesday 14 February 2012

Toontastic pdf tutorial for teachers

Wow what a great tutorial!!  To create the cartoon there is a whole story arc with a setup--conflict---challenge---climax and resolution.. In this tutorial there are even suggestions for questions for each of the stages for the story. The Tutorial is viewable online or you can copy the pdf if you're a hard copy kinda person. When I use it in my class for the first time I'm going to walk them thru the stages and have them make up a story so they have an idea of what the story is going to be before they create it on Toontastic.  I won't get them to read their story but to use the storyline to help them remember it as they go along.
I'm excited to go into Christie's class tomorrow and play around with it too with a selected group of students. We'll post our stories on the blog for  you to view tomorrow and give you feedback on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how this goes since I'm considering using it is my class as well. When I tried it, I found the animations to be finicky but would like to see how the kids do with it.

    ReplyDelete